Friday, March 18, 2005

Rock, Roll, and Tutus (Houston Ballet), March 4, 2005, Wortham Center's Brown Theater

Get ready for the shortest.... review... ever!
Nosotros (Stanton Welch): Overall a lovely piece for 11(?) couples, but with a few weak points. Sara Webb's dancing made tears come to my eyes; she appeared in one of the moments in Rachmaninoff's Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini that makes you think "I know that tune!" and danced with all the joy and abandonment of true love. Beautiful flowy dresses on the women; I need a dress for a wedding in May, and one of these would be perfect! Rooster (Christopher Bruce) I never knew I liked the Rolling Stones so much until I heard this collection of songs, which seemed to stick close to the beginning of their career. This is a period piece and really evokes the feelings of the swinging 60's. Some great character dancing, especially from Erin Patak, Cleopatra Williams, Chavo Killingsworth, and Randy Herrera. Suite En Blanc (Serge Lifar) A new addition to Houston Ballet's repertory. Get rid of it.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home