Thursday, February 09, 2006

DWTS, weeks five and six

week 5: Stacey really shook her thang, George did a little actual dancing, Jerry did a whole lot better. Which is all I feel like writing. So there.

For week 6, an experiment: stream-of-consciousness blogging!

Demonstrations by the professionals - oh goody!

I still don't like Jive. But Ashley does it well - I think it's her strongest dance.
Jonathan and Anna. I miss Jonathan; he's such a nice standard dancer. Oh, foot cam! Does every dance have to end with the lady bent over backwards?
Edyta must like that color. Oops, bird lift didn't work AT ALL. Been there, done that; they did a pretty good job covering it. I get the feeling they all had about an hour to come up with their dances.
Cool dress on Cheryl! She's really drapey. Three out of four.
I don't know the names of either of these dancers doing the Quickstep, but they're quite good.

Jerry and Anna, Paso Doble Can I say, it's awesome to have a professional football player on TV talking about how much he wants to dance. Ouch - bad joke about the quarter! Still a little stiff, but he's really into it. He looks like the king of Siam. 9, 7, 8? 8, 7, 8, I was close.

Drew and Cheryl, Tango My mom says to me last week, "Drew is very musical." This thing with his brother is a little hokey. They couldn't put makeup on the hand elastic? Another nice dress, though. I can't decide if this song sucks as a tango or not. Somehow, it both sucks and doesn't suck. Good intensity. Nice bow! I see 10's coming up. 10, 10, 10!

George and Edyta, Rumba Chernoble, lol. Ooh, I like this song, and nice singer, too. Wow, Edyta looks sexy! He's got the right feeling on those cucarachas. Oh yeah, he's enjoying this. Drag next time? 8, 7, 8? (Inspector Clouseau!) 8, 7, 8, yep.

Lisa and Louis, Quickstep They got screwed on the music last week. Ha ha, Miss Manners! What's that thing on her head? 9 to 5?? It's not working for her. Her hold is really weak. She's got the footwork, though. Cute ending. Let's see how gentle the judges are. Umm, really gentle - I think they're cutting her a lot of slack. 8, 8, 8? 9, 9, 9, wtf?

Stacey and Tony, Jive You know that coat's coming off. She's a performer. There it goes! Pretty good, I'd say. Hmm, I see a tie in the near future. Yep!

Wiener Waltz! Nice bird lift! Uh huh, nice spin, no surprise there. Nice funky chicken, LOL! Good standing foot spin. I don't think they did drop spins in Vienna. Another bird, imaginative exit.

Ok, I'm beat, going to bed. 'Night!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home