Tuesday, February 28, 2006

The best man won (DWTS weeks seven and eight)

I'm astonished. The "star" that I thought most deserved to win actually won the discobolusish Dancing With The Stars trophy. (Don't look it up. It's an inside joke.) It's clear that Jerry Rice didn't make it to 2nd place with his dancing, although he finally let go and had some fun during the last two shows. Stacey's freestyle dance on Thursday was a real disappointment, but it did Drew a huge favor. Since Stacey came in third in the popular vote (which she had to in order to be third overall), it didn't matter who came in first and second in the popular vote, because Drew would have won overall either way. In fact, Drew could ONLY lose if he came in last in the popular vote.

Of course the above all rests on the order of the judges' scores. I didn't understand why they gave Drew 9's for his last dance. It's like they punished him for being as good as he was on Thursday, while rewarding Stacey, who merely came up to his level on the last dance. I guess that's the problem with judging something artistic - there's no way to be completely objective.
-------------------------------------------------------------
No, I haven't forgotten about America's Ballroom Challenge, part II. I guess I was a little underwhelmed by it. In most cases, it was like the judges got inside my head and picked the couple I liked the least. Dragging someone across the floor is not ballroom, or at least it doesn't fit my image of ballroom, and I can't stand the way so many ballroom ladies break their arm lines at the wrist. If you want to see an example of what I'm talking about, go to this page and look at the picture of Erminio Stefano and Liene Apale. They were nice dancers, but that picture just makes me cringe.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home